1. Navigate a complicated process. Buying or selling a home usually requires disclosure forms, inspection reports, mortgage documents, insurance policies, deeds, and multipage settlement statements. A knowledgeable expert will help you prepare the best deal, and avoid delays or costly mistakes.
2. Information and opinions. REALTORS can provide local community information on utilities, zoning, schools, and more. They’ll also be able to provide objective information about each property. A professional will be able to help you answer these two important questions: Will the property provide the environment I want for a home or investment? Second, will the property have resale value when I am ready to sell?
3. Help finding the best property out there. Sometimes the property you are seeking is available but not actively advertised in the market, and it will take some investigation by your REALTOR to find all available properties.
4. Negotiating skills. There are many negotiating factors, including but not limited to price, financing, terms, date of possession, and inclusion or exclusion of repairs, furnishings, or equipment. In addition, the purchase agreement should provide a period of time for you to complete appropriate inspections and investigations of the property before you are bound to complete the purchase. Your agent can advise you as to which investigations and inspections are recommended or required.
5. Property marketing power. Real estate doesn’t sell due to advertising alone. In fact, a large share of real estate sales comes as the result of a practitioner’s contacts through previous clients, referrals, friends, and family. When a property is marketed with the help of a REALTOR, you do not have to allow strangers into your home. Your REALTOR will generally prescreen and accompany qualified prospects through your property.
6. Someone who speaks the language. If you don’t know a CMA from a PUD, you can understand why it’s important to work with a professional who is immersed in the industry and knows the real estate language.
7. Experience. Most people buy and sell only a few homes in a lifetime, usually with quite a few years in between each purchase. Even if you have done it before, laws and regulations change. REALTORS, on the other hand, handle hundreds of real estate transactions over the course of their career. Having an expert on your side is critical.
8. Objective voice. A home often symbolizes family, rest, and security — it’s not just four walls and a roof. Because of this, homebuying and selling can be an emotional undertaking. And for most people, a home is the biggest purchase they’ll every make. Having a concerned, but objective, third party helps you stay
Author:Kathy Toonder Phone: 941-544-7270 Dated: January 21st 2015 Views: 575 About Kathy: I enjoy walking the warm sandy beaches, swimming and watching the magnificent sunsets on Florida’s...
View our latest blog posts in your RSS reader. Click here to access.
One sentence says it all: "Working from sign up till sign down...." We provide the best possible service to our clients with respect to buying or selling real estate, marketing, advertising, follow-up and negotiating the sale or purchase of your dream home.
Closed and Pending Sales Increase in Residential Market SARASOTA,
"Kathy was awesome as our realtor. I have dealt with many realtors, but none as advanced and hands on with the showings. During the showings she had pointed out the flaws with the homes for us to make an educated decision. She had guided us on the different areas that would best fit our needs. Most realtors are all about the sale, but my experience with her was the exception. She went the extra mile to make sure the home you were looking for met your needs and did not push you into a home that might not be right for you.The response time was incredible, she guaranteed a phone call or answer to any question same day. Her customer service was incredible and would recommend to all of our friends and family. I have dealt with many realtors in my profession but none as as caring, knowledgeable, or efficient as her. Kathy's referrals for the inspector and mortgage process was outstanding. I would not hesitate to look forward to anyone else going forward. Best Regards, Jim Glowniak "